Most “successful” people will tell you they didn’t just hit the lotto, they were dedicated everyday to the reach their goals. For the next fifteen days I’m joining several others in a blogging challenge to share insightful content about me and my blog, in efforts to engage my audience. For me this challenge is about rededicating myself to sharing my thoughts on a consistent basis. And with this challenge I’m aiming to refine my writing style.
You are never going to get to the destination without taking a journey.
The first day of our challenge is all about sharing your daily success plan. I really wanted to avoid a numerical list but honestly certain things should take priority and precedence over others during your day.
- Thankfulness. If you can’t roll over and say, “Thank you Jesus” in the morning. Stay in bed until you’re ready. If you are reading this, you happen to be in the top 1% of earners in the world!!! Be thankful.
- Quiet time. Reading my Bible, praying, and my morning calisthenics. I mostly pray out loud while stretching to wake my body up. This is my ‘meditation’. I don’t wake up extremely early in the morning (I’m usually out of the door within 45 minutes of getting up) so this step is necessary. And yes, lunch/clothes/hair are usually situated the night before.
- Say “I love you” to a loved one. EVERYDAY.
- Meet someone new everyday. Ask for their name, intentionally make them feel noticed and special.
- Work diligently. Colossians 3:22
Others in no particular order…
- Cook for yourself/family. At least one meal, everyday. Cooking should never be looked at as an inconvenience.
- Read something nonfiction.
- Listen to music. I was really big on playlists and downloading music about 10 years ago. I went away from that more recently, and now I think I’m coming around, (although the music is mostly still from 10 years ago). Music can control your mood and change it instantly, find out what you like, what gets you going and happy and stick to it!
- Plan, plan, plan. A failure to plan is a plan to fail. Currently, on a daily basis I look over my budget plan, travel plans, and company plans. I spend around 20 minutes on this, it helps me to make sure I’m taking a step in the right direction with each everyday.
Looking at my, list if I accomplish these I am pretty satisfied with my day and I know I’m headed in the right direction. Everyday may not be life revolutionary, but all it has to do is point you in the right direction.